The Transport planner will be responsible for planning a busy fleet of up to 60 vehicles. They will be working effectively with other transport staff to plan vehicle routes by utilising their own vehicles at a minimum cost to meet all client’s requirements, whilst ensuring the drivers hours are within the legal requirement. The Transport Planner will make sure all drivers, Transport Staff and Customers are made aware of any changes that can occur on a day to day basis.
Hours are 8:00am to 5:00pm Monday to Friday’s although due to the nature of the role flexibility is required. Overtime will be available.
Depending on experience the salary ranges between £20,000 - £27,000 per annum. The position is available for immediate start on a temporary basis and will become a permanent job after a qualifying period.
We are looking for an experienced, flexible and reliable Transport Planner to join our established Client in Stanford-Le-Hope, Essex.
- Transport Planner experience is essential.
- Geographical knowledge of the South of England and Milton Keynes.
- Experience planning multidrop deliveries.
- Other administrative duties will be involved in the role.
- Knowledge of driving hours and legal requirements.
- Are educated to a minimum of A level, preferably in Logistics.
- Have experience of working in a logistics or transport office environment.
- Able to process POD’s and relevant documentation.
- Have good working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages.
- Work with several Customer accounts and manage appropriately.
- Driver with own vehicle - due to site location.
- Assertive manner to make own decisions daily.
- Have a Can-do approach.
- Have Analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Are Eager to learn and interact with new systems.
A popular local employer based in Stanford-Le-Hope. The environment is clean, friendly and covid secure. Free onsite parking available.
Due to the high volume of applications for our roles, if you have not been contacted within 14 days, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Noble Recruiting are an independent, family-run recruitment agency based in Wickford, Essex. We are an equal opportunities employer and have been acting as a recruiting agency and business for over 10 years.
Our team of recruiting experts are on hand to offer advice and help you through the recruitment process. If you would like Noble Recruiting to help you find your perfect role register now on our website.
Noble Recruiting Limited act as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Noble Recruiting. Our Privacy Information Statement is accessible from our website and explains how we will use your information.