Our client, a high-profile Financial Services Company based in Brentwood, is currently seeking a Collections Consultant to join their team! You will be responsible for liaising with customers to work with them, taking into account their financial and personal circumstances to reduce their mortgage arrears in a timely and appropriate manner. To be transparent and fair in all dealings with customers and third parties, in compliance with Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) codes with particular emphasis on the Company’s Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) policies.
- Work with customers to understand their financial circumstances and using this information to agree realistic and sustainable arrangements.
- Dealing with incoming calls and making outgoing call for collections area.
- Maintaining accurate payment method amendments, DD amendments, taking card payments over the telephone and send out letters to customers.
- Balancing customer requirements with department objectives.
- To be clear and fair in all dealings with customers and third parties, in compliance with FSA codes with particular emphasis on the Company’s TCF policies.
- Maintain own workflows, proactively building rapport with customers, as a route to resolving arrears situations: reacting promptly in identifying those situations where escalation of action is required.
- Maintain and develop close working relationships with third parties acting for the company.
- Ensure that all possible steps are taken to reduce the business exposure to loss, including recognition and resolution of fraud and money laundering.
- Ensure compliance with corporate policies & process criteria at all times.
- Maintain accurate records relating to all activities carried out and in particular with all dealings with the customer.
- Contribute to identification and development of innovative processes for the operation of the Credit Cycle.
The ideal candidate will have a high level of customer service experience and a background of dealing with complaints and resolving issues ideally in a Financial Services environment.
- Excellent telephone manner essential.
- Ability to listen, empathise, negotiate and inspire confidence.
- Number literate.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Interpret and respond clearly and effectively.
- Time Management skills.
- Work as part of a team.
- Embrace change.
- Previous complaints handling experience.
- Previous collections experience is essential.
- Financial Services experience is essential.
Our client is a high-profile Financial Services Company specialising in mortgage and secured loans.
Due to the high volume of applications for our roles, if you have not been contacted within 14 days, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Noble Recruiting are an independent, family-run recruitment agency based in Wickford, Essex. We are an equal opportunities employer and have been acting as a recruiting agency and business for over 10 years.
Our team of recruiting experts are on hand to offer advice and help you through the recruitment process. If you would like Noble Recruiting to help you find your perfect role register now on our website.
Noble Recruiting Limited act as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Noble Recruiting. Our Privacy Information Statement is accessible from our website and explains how we will use your information.