Noble Recruiting are looking for an experienced Pre-Set Operator for our busy and growing client based in Benfleet, Essex. You will maintain the pre-set department in a clean and tidy manner, adopting a well thought-out and structured system, ensuring machines are supplied in time. Make on site repairs and order replacement products. Updating the status of each using the system tool tracking system. Have excellent knowledge of ink colours, swatches and ink mixing system.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Always work safely and never take short cuts.
- Do not allow any work colleagues to commit an unsafe act.
- Fully understand OPERATING SYSTEM and how to use the tool availability function.
- Ensure all machine jobs planned have the tools available for use.
- Ensure all damaged or faulty tooling is reported and marked as so on the tooling availability function within the system.
- Make sure all new tooling and stereos are marked up immediately with unique number and stored in rack.
- Ensure all tools returned from machines are clean, checked and returned to correct rack.
- Make sure any damaged stereos and forms are marked up for repair and kept separate.
- Keep all print cards up to date and duplicates destroyed making sure only latest version available.
- Take an active role in accident reporting and near misses.
- Operate the company clean as you go policy making sure that the work area is always clean and tidy.
- Assist and participate in any improvement/change projects as appropriate.
- To ensure the production is completed within the requirements of BRC IOP standards maintained by the site.
- To ensure that all working practices are completed within operating procedures.
- Request new print cards with amendments, do not write amendments on old cards.
- Be able to mix ink using the colour mixing kitchen.
- An element of overtime is necessary to cover holidays and maintenance programs.
This is a temporary position with the opportunity to go to permanent for the right candidate.
You will be a highly motivated individual with experience in a similar role, looking for a long term temporary to permanent position.
- Good product knowledge.
- Technical knowledge of plates and tools.
- Strong team player.
- Progressive attitude to learn.
- Ability to work within health and safety regulations.
- Successfully maintain upkeep of the plate room and tooling area.
Our Client is a corrugated packaging manufacturer based in the West Midlands, with plants in West Bromwich and Benfleet, Essex. Established in 1997 they provide a first class service to the corrugated packaging industry.
Due to the high volume of applications for our roles, if you have not been contacted within 14 days, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Noble Recruiting are an independent, family-run recruitment agency based in Wickford, Essex. We are an equal opportunities employer and have been acting as a recruiting agency and business for over 10 years.
Our team of recruiting experts are on hand to offer advice and help you through the recruitment process. If you would like Noble Recruiting to help you find your perfect role register now on our website.
Noble Recruiting Limited act as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Noble Recruiting. Our Privacy Information Statement is accessible from our website and explains how we will use your information.