Our client, a global freight forwarding Company, based in Basildon, has a new vacancy for a Warehouse Shift Manager. The purpose of the role is to oversee the day to day running of each shift, supporting the Site Manager.
- Support the site manager, stepping up when required.
- Manage direct reports in line with company policies.
- Efficiently run the shift on a day to day basis.
- Ensure that all H&S polices, and company polices are adhered to at all time.
- Continually try to improve the team using support and training.
- Produce local KPI’s and ensure SLA’s are met.
- Work closely with internal and external customers to ensure collaboration.
- Work with external contractors and suppliers.
- Proactively assist the team when required as well as create and maintain a positive working atmosphere using motivation and open communication.
This role is an active, hands-on role covering a Tuesday to Saturday with possibly some unsociable hours.
The ideal candidate will already be in a similar role and supervisory warehouse experience essential.
Skills & Experience:
- Warehouse supervisory experience essential.
- Experience with the supervision of both permanent and temporary colleagues.
- An understanding of Warehouse Management Systems (WMS).
- Strong communications skills.
- High levels of attention to detail and organisation skills.
- Able to follow instructions as well and make decisions and work on own initiative.
- A proven track record of coaching and leading teams.
- Experience of working with Microsoft packages and web-based products.
- Flexibility to work different shifts when required.
Our client is a dynamic international Freight Forwarding specialist, offering worldwide air freight and sea freight services.
- Gym Membership
- 20 Days Holiday
- Pension Scheme
- Training Allowance.
Due to the high volume of applications for our roles, if you have not been contacted within 14 days, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Noble Recruiting are an independent, family-run recruitment agency based in Wickford, Essex. We are an equal opportunities employer and have been acting as a recruiting agency and business for over 10 years.
Our team of recruiting experts are on hand to offer advice and help you through the recruitment process. If you would like Noble Recruiting to help you find your perfect role register now on our website.
Noble Recruiting Limited act as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Noble Recruiting. Our Privacy Information Statement is accessible from our website and explains how we will use your information.